Top 5 Sci-fi worlds I'd want to live in






Sci-fi month continues, and today I'd like to share the top 10 worlds from science fiction books/movies/tv shows that I would want to live in. Some worlds are really cool because of the technology, and others just sound awesome! In no particular order...


  1. Pandora from James Cameron's Avatar - This world was just so beautiful, and I really liked that the culture of the native people centered around harmony and interconnectedness. Wouldn't it be cool to go touch a tree and then know anything you needed to know?
  2. New World from Patrick Ness' Chaos walking trilogy - giant inter-cultural/inter-species war aside, this world is a lot like our own except for the Noise. The Noise is pretty much someone's unfiltered thoughts circling around for everyone to see - Noise is distinct for different people, and ideas can travel through people's Noise. All the animals talk too! I would love to be able to hear what my hypothetical pet dog was saying. The only catch is that only men have noise - for some reason, women are immune. Sets the stage for a lot of mistrust, doesn't it?
  3. Gallifrey from Doctor Who - Who wouldn't want to visit the home of the time lords? From the fleeting glimpses we've seen of it so far, it has an orange sky, two suns, and a citadel covered by a glass dome. Also, Time Lords are cool.
  4. The version of Earth from Kat Zhang's What's Left of Me - In this world, everyone is born with two interconnected souls in one body. These two souls grow together until one of them - the dominant one - takes over and the other fades away. I'm not sure I would want my other half to fade away, but it would be cool to have a sister that was so close that you could share thoughts and feelings. I'm not so sure about the sharing bodies thing, but I thought this world was very unique.
  5. Earth from Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Plagues aside, it would be awesome to live in a world with android people and people from the moon! Also Cinder is awesome and I'd love to meet her.
Have I missed anything? What kinds of worlds would you like to live in?

blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. I would definitely love to live on Pandora, but I'm not sure about the planet from Chaos Walking, because of all the events!


    Gallifrey would be fascinating but of course a bit tricky to live on =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to live in Pandora - it was amazingly beautiful!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up