Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme: Top Ten Kick-ass covers
I wanted to feature covers that feature badass leading ladies, awe-inspiring worlds, cool technology, and basically anything else that makes me think a book is going to be full people/characters you don't want to mess with :D
1. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
JUST LOOK AT THAT THUNDER TIGER IN THE SKY. And you really don't want to mess with Yukiko.
2. A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab
Lila Bard is armed and ready, the world(s) had better watch out!
3. Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear
Temur is literally riding a stallion through a sky full of spirits and stars. Banshe has got to be one of the most badass horses I've ever read about!
4. Empire of Storms by SJ Maas
Long live the queen! Enough said.
5. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
I guess Jay Kristoff just has badass leading ladies in the bag, because Mia Corvere is absolutely terrifying on this cover!
6. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
You know who you really don't want to rub the wrong way? RONAN LYNCH. Especially when he's dreaming...
7. The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
Just look at that subtitle: One wrong move could kill you. That throne is terrifying, as is most of this book!
8. Mirror Empire by Kameron Hurley
There is bloody rip in the fabric of the world. Trouble is coming.
9. Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
There's something just ominous about that title and the mysterious robot/alien/who-knows-what symbols in the center...whatever is coming can't be good
10. Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear
Karen has a shotgun. Run!