The Reading Quest: the journey begins!


While I'm in the middle of my year-long SFF challenge, I thought it would be fun to join a month-long challenge along the way! I'm not sure if any books will overlap, but both challenges encourage reading diverse authors and own-voice books so I'll have double the reason to pick up more diverse sci-fi and fantasy :)

I'm The Reading Quest by Aentee @ Read at Midnight (you can sign up here, sign ups are open until August 12!). I've chosen to be a Mage at first, but I'm hoping to finish the Mage squares and then do the Knight or Bard.

Here's my character card! I couldn't get the base image from the original link to work, so I made up my own. (Shout-out to  CW of Read, Think, Ponder for creating these characters, and for including characters of a bunch of different skin colors!)





The challenge starts August 13, so I have a bit of time to change my mind on these, but so far here's what I'm planning to read for Mage:

A book with one word title: Foundation by Isaac Asimov
A book that contains magic: A Flame in the Mist by Renee Adieh (bonus points for ownvoice and POC author)
A book based on mythology: Star-Touched Queen by Roshni Chokshi (bonus points for ownvoice and POC author)
A book set in a different world: Windwitch by Susan Dennard
The first book in a series: Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler (bonus points for POC author)

As you can see, I'm trying to make it a point to read all those books in the TBR that are by POC authors or feature diverse characters. I'm really excited about this challenge :D
blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up