Waiting on Wednesday 8



Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, where bloggers pick a book that hasn't been published yet that they are excited to read.

(This will probably be my last week of Waiting on Wednesday, since I'm running out of books I'm waiting for! I'll probably start doing Top 10 Tuesday instead)

This week, I'm looking forward to reading the third (and now penultimate instead of final) book of Neal Shusterman's Unwind series.


Title: UnSouled
Author: Neal Shusterman
Publishing date: November 7, 2013

Goodreads Summary:

The story that began with Unwind continues.

Connor and Lev are on the run after the destruction of the Graveyard, the last safe haven for AWOL Unwinds. But for the first time, they’re not just running away from something. This time, they’re running toward answers, in the form of a woman Proactive Citizenry has tried to erase from history itself. If they can find her, and learn why the shadowy figures behind unwinding are so afraid of her, they may discover the key to bringing down unwinding forever.

Cam, the rewound boy, is plotting to take down the organization that created him. Because he knows that if he can bring Proactive Citizenry to its knees, it will show Risa how he truly feels about her. And without Risa, Cam is having trouble remembering what it feels like to be human.

With the Juvenile Authority and vindictive parts pirates hunting them, the paths of Connor, Lev, Cam, and Risa will converge explosively—and everyone will be changed.

Neal Shusterman continues the adventure that VOYA called “poignant, compelling, and ultimately terrifying.”

Why I want to read it:

Unwind is one of my favorite books, and I really enjoyed the world and the characters. This is one of the few series that actually terrifies me because of the horrors that people go through and how plausible this world is. The second book, UnWholly, gave me even more interesting characters to root for and be disgusted by, and I'm sure UnSouled will do no less. I'm especially looking forward to seeing how Cam's story continues to unfold.


blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Jessica@a GREAT readAugust 21, 2013 at 2:42 PM

    OOh nice! Haven't heard of this one but looks pretty freaking awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick! I really loved Unwind, like LOVED. I've even recommended it to quite a few of my friends. I still have to read Unwholly though. I'm definitely going to have to read it soon and then read this one when it comes out! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series but I'll make sure to check them out they sound interesting!:) Anyways thanks for sharing!


    Check out my WoW


    Marii @The Words Written

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up