Way of Kings concept art and fan art!







Sanderson always puts so much detail into the worlds and characters he writes about, so it's so easy to imagine them all in my head. I was curious about if other people imagined them the same way, and I started poking around on google imags/deviantart/tumblr. Look at the fantastic pieces of art I found!

Cover artist Michael Whelan's concept art of different characters

(see more art on his website, http://www.michaelwhelan.com/stormlight-archive-original-art/)

Kaladin Stormblessed


Szeth, the assassin in white















Shallan, drawing as usual


Fan art

This cartoon is adorable! I don't know who Navani is though (maybe she'll appear soon?)


Botanicaxu from DeviantArt came up with this sketch. She has lots of other Stormlight art as well!


Somnicide, also from DeviantArt made this beautiful drawing of Dalinar attacking the chasmfiend:


This is supposedly the cover of the Chinese edition of the book. ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL?


Ok, I think I'm done gaping at these extraordinary pieces of art. Back to reading!

(it's never too late to join the readalong - catch this week's post here)
blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Yeah the first one isn't how I picture him but it's still a cool drawing! I think the chasmfiend one is my favorite. It's so intense and it captures the moment so well :)
    Aren't they ADORABLE? Oh and I just got to Dalinar seeing Navani a couple minutes ago and she freaks me out already. Sweetly smiling beautiful people always freak me out (in a WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING YOU SINISTER CREATURE? kind of way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I love the illustrations that are actually in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle {Book Hangovers}July 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM

    Stormwater! These are AMAZING!!! I love going on deviant art and seeing all the wonderful fan art but I haven't done it for Way of Kings yet. Thanks for sharing!!! Xoxo


    P.S. that's pretty much how I picture Syl but blue instead of green! And it's so hard for me to picture Kaladin. He seems so much older than he is. I have to keep reminding myself that he's only 20 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine Syl looking like a smaller version of the spirit in Firebird from Fantasia 2000:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine Syl being like the green spirit in Firebird from Fantasia 2000:

    http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/4j7RKfWMBReJLFjWkJC9tKTbFAe.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are amazing too! I have the kindle version of the book but I'm going to borrow a friend's hardcover just so I can see the pictures better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT'S ALL SO BEAUTIFULLLLL. The first Kaladin piece is totally not how I picture him and doesn't really match descriptions of him, but whatever. That armor is perfect. And Dalinar attacking that chasmfiend is TERRIFYING OMG. Love love LOVE both of the cute sketches - I have such a hard time picturing Adolin and Renarin's hair just because it's so out of the norm, so seeing those is fantatic.

    And Navani is flawless. That's all you need to know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up