We're about a quarter of the way through the year, so here's an update on how I'm doing on the reading challenge!
Purple books are ones I've finished, and ones in gray are books I'm planning on reading for the challenge.
1) Fairy tale retelling: Miranda and Caliban by Jacqueline Carey - A retelling of Shakespeare's The Tempest
2) Historical Fantasy: Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear - an alternate history/fantasy based on Mongolia in the time of Genghis Khan
3) Anathem or Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
4) non-British Steampunk: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo - Russian/Scandinavian steampunk? HAHA
7) Comic book: The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
9) A classic: Foundation by Isaac Asimov
13) earth-based sci-fi: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - a beautiful post-apocalyptic story about how people find their humanity after the end of the world
16) POC MCs: Seveneves by Neal Stephenson - multiple POC main characters, including Moira, Doc, and Ivy. Extra glad that Asian POCs were featured!
19) POC author: Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang - loved this anthology!
20) M/M Romance: A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab - Rhys and Alucard are THE OTP
22) Pub 2016: Empire of Storms by SJ Maas - another epic love-hate installment of the Throne of Glass series haha
24) Novella: Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire