Storm of Swords

I'm reading the third book in the Game of Thrones series (technically, I suppose it's the "Song of Ice and Fire" series, but I think you know what I mean), and it's taking quite a bit of effort to finish this thing. The first book was very fast-paced, shocking, and intriguing; the second book was a little slower and had more tiresome politics, but it was entertaining enough. The third book is just dragging.

I'm not sure I want to continue this series anymore, because most of the characters I liked in the first book are either dead, in pitiful/pathetic situations, or no longer very likable. And while I said I didn't take much offense at the supposed misogynistic slant of the first book because both the men and the women were messed up, it's starting to shift so that the women are becoming more and more like pawns and possessions of the men.

I'm about halfway through Storm of Swords, so I will see if this series is worth continuing. For some reason, I never see it as a waste of time to leave a series half-finished. There was definitely some entertainment value in the first two, so I don't think it's a total waste of my time to abandon the rest of the books.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up