Top Ten Tuesday 5




Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme: Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names

There are a lot of names that I think sound beautiful and some that are just are fun to say, so I'm going to split them into those two categories:

Beautiful/cool/exotic

  1. Kieran from Julie Kagawa's Iron Prince
  2. Neeve from Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Boys
  3. Bhakhtiian from Kate Elliot's Jaran
  4. Kelsier from Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series
  5. Froi from Melina Marchetta's Lumatere Chronicles
  6. Ismae from R. LaFevers' Grave Mercy

Fun to say
  1. Viola from Patrick Ness' Chaos Walking trilogy (think of all those times Todd yelled VIOLA!)
  2. Karou from Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone series (Karooooooou!)
  3. Mr. Vandemar from Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere (yeah, he's evil and creepy but his name is awesome)
  4. Sansa Stark from George RR Martin's Game of Thrones series (ssssibilant sounds)


blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Sansa is a beautiful name, I agree- it seems that there are lots of really unique and wonderous names in Game of Thrones! I love Daenerys, because it looks really nice and sounds lovely. Viola reminds me of Violet, and that's a name I adore thanks to a series of unfortunate events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica@a GREAT readOctober 22, 2013 at 7:56 AM

    Wow! Lots of new to me names here! Only knew Kieran!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really great names, I especially like Kieran and Ismae, really need to read these books already. I have Karou on my list, I love it! :)

    My Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week was hard for all of us over at the blog, so many amazing names to choose from! Looks like you had no trouble at all. ;) Great picks!

    Our List

    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Game of Thrones just has lots of names, period! Yes, fantasy names are really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first saw Karou's name, I was like what in the world this name is so strange! But then it grew on me, and now I think it's awesome. I love a lot of the names in that series - Karou, Zuzanna, Akiva, Kishmish, Thiago, Madrigal, Liraz - they're all so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always get really excited when it's Sansa's turn to narrate a chapter because her name is so much fun to say haha
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with the Chaos Walking series but every time I see the name Viola, I always think of the woman in Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" - as only men were allowed to be actors at the time you had a bloke pretending to be a woman (Viola) pretending to be a man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to mention Game of Thrones names in my "fantasy" one too, but for some reason I couldn't think of them! :-) Fantasy names are always interesting! Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sansa Stark is s good one :) Haven't read alot of those but many are on my TBR pile, love some of the names as well!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sansa is definitely fun to say lol

    Great picks!

    My Top Ten Post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Daenerys is really pretty! I have no idea how to say it though because I haven't watched the show. I was talking about it with a friend who had, and pronounced Catelyn as "Kaitlin" and my friend just looked at me funny haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up