Top Ten Tuesday 14





Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry

I'm not much of a crier - I'm surprised I managed to find as many books as I did for this list!


  1. 19063 This is the only book I have read that makes my cry every single time I've read it. And I've read this one about 7 times so far - it's one of my favorites! Still, half the tears are happy tears, and some are bittersweet. It's not depressing, there's just a lot going on.
  2. 10165727 Another one of my favorite books; this one has such broken but beautiful characters, and you cry for them as they deal with their pain, face some harsh truths, and both hurt and heal one another. (*sidenote* any Melina Marchetta book makes you cry for a lot of the same reasons, contemporary and fantasy alike)
  3. 14891 This is a book that was recommended to me by my high school librarian. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, and I definitely was not expecting to cry. Francie was so endearing and her struggles were so real that my heart broke for her and her family multiple times.
  4. 15819028 As you can probably tell from my review of this book, I cannot say enough good things about it. This book made me cry of happiness, and it was so gorgeously written that I was just sad that it was over.
  5. 1931915 You know that phrase, "I feel your pain"? Well this book takes that phrase very literally - the main character absorbs the physical and emotional pain of those around him. It's heartbreaking to see how he has to deal with it, and the consequences of his power.
  6. 4670449 It might have been the fact that I was listening to an audiobook with phenomenal narrators, but this book had me crying more than once. There were a lot of sad tears, but some bittersweet ones as well.
  7. 11925514 This book is so sad! Obviously things are tough during world war II, but the characters' friendship was so beautiful and they sacrificed so much for each other. Things aren't what they seem, and the ending had me sobbing.

blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readFebruary 4, 2014 at 6:30 AM

    Nice picks! Haven't read any of these myself. Sometimes I dislike tear jerkers. Of course all my picks ended up catching me by surprise!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up