Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014
I kind of already did this with my Happy New Year post a few days ago, but why not write down my bookish goals again? :)
- be better about updating my blog - I'm going to be more consistent and hopefully have more fun posts instead of just reviews
- check out my fellow blogger's stuff - I'm really good about commenting back, and not so much about checking out other blogs on my own. I'm going to try and do that more often! I'm looking forward to all your wonderful posts.
- A-Z challenge on Goodreads - The plan is to read 26 books each that start with the letters A-Z (the only exceptions being X and Z which can simply be present in the title)
- 2014 Goodreads challenge - This year, I'm planning on reading 80 books. I've only read 2 so far, but I usually do a lot of reading over the summer so plenty of time to catch up :)
- Participate in a book club - one of the clubs I'm in at college has started a book club. The January book is an intimidating Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami! We'll see how that goes...
Some non-bookish goals:
- Have more self-confidence - I'm going to stop being my own worst critic and try and believe in myself a little more. A think a little confidence goes a long way to being happier about yourself, so I'm going to consciously stop those negative thoughts and focus on the good.
- Keep in touch with more people - since I've gotten to college, I've been pretty good about keeping in touch with my friends in other universities/other cities, but there have definitely been times where I go for weeks without checking in with any of them!
- Practice my French - I took French for 6 years in middle school and high school, but as an engineering major I have no time for French classes in college. I really miss it and I've been trying to at least read a French play or novel so I stay in touch with the language. Ideally I practice speaking it too, but that's tough with no one to speak it with...
Those are my goals for this year. Here's to new years and new beginnings!