Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme: Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For
So...looking at my to-read list and most of the books on it are continuations of series I'm already reading. In fact, there's not a single 2014 debut on there! Thanks, people at The Broke and the Bookish for forcing me to go hunt for some lovely debut novels :)
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - I'm a sucker for fairy-tale retellings, and this one sounds awesome - an assassin version of Belle who is supposed to kill the "beast"!
- Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne - It seems like this is the year of assassins, because this books also features a girl who's an assassin. Fantasy, danger, power struggles, and secret pasts sound like a recipe for a good book :)
- Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey - I used to read a lot of mysteries as a kid, but I stopped reading them after a while because they got predictable. Last year I started reading more psychological mysteries, and I have been enjoying them! Looking forward to this one.
- Gilded by Christina Farley - This is a retelling of a folktale I'm not very familiar with, but it sounds really interesting - Jae Hwa moves from LA to Korea, expecting the worst of her troubles to be fitting in. But it turns out a Korean demi-god is out to steal her soul...
- Half Bad by Sally Green - Honestly, I saw the words "Patrick Ness" and "Markus Zusak" and added this book to my to-read list right away. Those are two of my favorite authors, so I am really excited for this. It helps that I'm on a fantasy book phase and that the reviews for this are stellar!