Top Ten Tuesday 13
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme: Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In
- Even if I'm out of the age range that makes people eligible for being unwound, it's so freaky that a country would agree to have their "trouble children" broken down and distribute their organs.
- Most people in this world are fused to objects, buildings, or other people after a nuclear bomb went off. The rest are perfectly healthy, but live in a super-controlled dome. Neither scenario sounds very appealing.
- I think it's safe to say I don't want to be anywhere near the Forest of Hands and Teeth - goodbye Zombies!
- If I lived in this world, odds are I'd die a brutal death. I'd prefer to stick around for a little longer, thank you very much.
- There is some pretty freaky stuff going on in this book that involves tapeworms, conspiracies, and people dying. No spoilers from me, but I really hope I'm never in a world like this one.
- Speaking of freaky bioengineering/biotech-type stuff, this book features a tiny population of humans marooned on Long Island because their super-human creations turned on them and destroyed most of the humans using biological warfare. Not only is the world itself in shambles, there's always the lurking threat of more attacks...
- MONSTERS AREN'T REAL MONSTERS AREN'T REAL MONSTERS AREN'T REAL (except in this book they are, and they want to eat you. GAAAAAH)
- I'm a dancer, and I don't want to be possessed and possibly killed by creepy magical creatures that may or may not actually exist.
- This book is creepy because everyone is unwittingly programmed to think and behave in certain ways through subliminal messaging. It's so scary to me that you could be controlled and not even know it.
- Last but not least, I absolutely do not want to ever live in a dystopian world conceived by Margaret Atwood. She's a genius, I love her books, but they are freaky as hell. This one features a mad scientist who thinks the best way to improve humanity is to get rid of it.