Favorite books

What would a blog about words be without a list of my favorite books and authors? My favorite books are the ones that changed something in the way I look at the world or at books, books that struck me because I read them at the right time in my life, or simply books I am fond of because they have been with me for so long. In no particular order, here they are:

The Book Thief - Markus Zuzak
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
Speaker for the Dead - Orson Scott Card
The Windup Girl - Paolo Bacigalupi
Froi of the Exiles - Melina Marchetta
Unwind - Neal Shusterman
Monsters of Men - Patrick Ness
The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents - Terry Pratchett
Crime and Punishment - Fyodr Dostoyevsky
Ptolemy's Gate - Jonathan Stroud


And an honorable mention list for amazing books that made me laugh, gasp, and cry but didn't quite make it to "favorite" status:

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Days of Blood and Starlight - Laini Taylor
Liar - Justine Larbalestier
And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie
Le Petit Prince - Antoine de St. Exupery
A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle

Comments

  1. Did you hear that The Book Thief is going to be a movie??? The little girl playing Liesel is so cute!! Ahh I'm really excited for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was a movie in the works but when I found out about it I don't think they had any of the cast. I'm super excited too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up