Top Ten Tuesday 25 - Book recommendations for Whovians
This week's theme: Top Ten Characters that I want to be my BFFs
Just one more day to enter my 1-year blogversary giveaway of Mistborn and an amazon giftcard!
Ten Five Books If You Like Doctor Who
1. - if you like Doctor Who, you are probably a fan of bizarre planets and strange alien creatures, but you also probably have a soft spot for human beings being the best they can be. This series has all of those elements, and I highly recommend it.
2. I wasn't a huge fan of this book, but it takes place entirely on a spaceship headed for a new home planet. It involves cryogenesis and conspiracies, both elements that have appeared in Doctor Who (A Christmas Carol).
3. You know that one episode, Silence in the Library, where Donna goes off to a parallel universe and experiences life and love and happiness and then...Spoilers, sweetie. ;) That episode was part love letter to books and part love letter to the love and life, so I thought this book would be perfect. It's also bittersweet, just warning you.
4. If you enjoyed the skin-prickling weeping angels, I think you will enjoy this deliciously creepy anthology. Some stories are disturbing, others are lovely - just like beautifully carved angels that want to steal your soul.
5. This is a book that involves time travel and a girl left behind, waiting for a man (perhaps not in a blue box) to come back to her. It's also similar to the episode The Girl in the Fireplace about Mme de Pompadour.