2015 goals and Sci-fi/Fantasy bingo challenge!
Happy New Year! I can't believe it's 2015 already. Every year seems to go by so fast!
My goals for this year:
- DiverSFFy posts once a month - This is a feature I started last year, but it was so sporadic that I feel like I hardly spotlighted any diverse science fiction and fantasy at all. I'm planning to fix this by posting one feature each month.
- Monthly summary posts - I've seen a lot of other blogs do monthly recaps, and I think it's a great idea to see what people have been up to. I've been too lazy to do them myself, but hopefully this year changes that
- Read 100 books! - I've hit just over 100 books during the past two years, so I'd like to keep up that many books for this year
- Be much better about commenting on other blogs - I loved this summer because I had a lot of time to check out other blogs and leave comments. Whenever I have classes, I'm so swamped with coursework that I don't have as much time as I'd like to see what other bloggers are up to. I'm going to push myself more this year to see what you all are up to!
I've participated in a bunch of yearly reading challenges, but this year I decided I'd make one of my own. Here's a bingo card that is mainly sci-fi and fantasy themed. I plan on filling the whole square by the end of the year. If you'd like to join in the fun, you can either fill out the whole thing or just get 5 in a row (in any direction). I'll be updating my progress about once a month until I finish the challenge. Here's the official Snowflakes & Spidersilk bingo card!
1. One book can only count as one square, but feel free to shuffle which square you're using the book for as the year progresses
2. Although this card is geared towards SF/F, you can use other genres for squares like "debut author" or "reread a favorite"
3. Fill out the entire square if you're feeling motivated, or 5 in a row (across, vertically, or diagonally) for a more relaxed challenge. You are welcome to fill out as much or as little as you like!