Bookish Eats: A Torch Against the Night Sweet potato patties



I just finished reading A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir, and I liked it so much more than the first book. I figured out my main problem with it: I can't stand Laia. At all. But this book featured Helene more heavily, and she's definitely my favorite character of the series. The thing that I love about Helene is that even when you take away the people she cares about and crush her soul, she somehow pieces herself back together again and comes back stronger than ever, better than before.

Image result for sabaa tahir torch against the night

Following the theme of crushing and remaking, I decided to make some Black bean and Sweet potato veggie patties. I actually didn't have black beans so I ended up subbing kidney beans, but it was still really good! Here's the link to the recipe: Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burger by The Minimalist Baker

So I begin by smashing and crushing my ingredients, which was very satisfying after a stressful day at work...I think I can see why Marcus enjoys it so much (just kidding!! Marcus is terrible):


And then I "remade" them into patties and stuck them in the oven...


and promptly devoured them for lunch. These things are so good, I'm definitely making them again :D

I was honestly on the fence about this series after book one and the blatant rape culture, but book 2 really turned things around. Helene is my queen and I will keep reading just for her!


blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up