TTT: Top Ten Favorite Villains



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme: Top Ten Favorite Villains


It's no secret that I like my villains multi-dimensional and complex. My favorite villains are the ones that think they're doing the right thing or who have a tortured past that makes you want to sympathize with them just a teensy bit. I also have a soft spot for the villains who are just so plain evil that you can't believe they're human...I love how terrifying it is to know there is no line the villain will not cross. So here are some of my favorite multidimensional and terrifying villains!

 386265
Lady De Winter - one of the first villains I read about who actually freaked me out. She's just so cold and terrifying.
 7540092
Mayor Prentiss - completely evil and INSANE. This man is not human.
 11235712
Queen Levana - evil and ruthless, but has quite sad past and you can really see why she is obsessed with the things she is
 25324111
Lada - I know she's the main character but Lada is terrifying in her ruthlessness. She's completely multidimensional and complex and you know she's going to grow up to be a terrible person but you just hope she won't anyway
 14201

The Raven King - He's literally not human, and I love how he tricks and manipulates people into getting what he wants. He's so charming and charismatic yet so terrifying.
18966806

EVERYONE - I don't want to spoil who the villains are in this book because there are so many twists and turns and betrayals, but damn this book was terrifying because you knew the villains were brutal and ruthless.

 11516221

The AI that ended the world - It's not human, and it did what it thought necessary to save the world. The AI is so complex and multidimensional
 68487

Prince Regal - I have never been as infuriated by any character as I have been by Prince Regal. He is spiteful, manipulative, selfish, and just an absolutely AWFUL human being. Hats off to Robin Hobb for making me (love to) hate a fictional character with such a passion!
474072 
Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar - These two creatures are absolutely terrifying. They seem to take pleasure in inflicting pain and torture on others
 19288043
Amy and Nick - I'm not sure either one is truly a villain, but I certainly loved to hate both of them. Just like a horrifying trainwreck, you know it won't end well but you can't look away...
blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up